Polar A370 is the latest version of fitness and health monitoring system with plenty of features for recording and analyzing your workout progress. It has an efficient GPS connection and can track your heart rate continuously. Large display screen allows you to view information clearly and identify each section of data precisely.
In this Polar A370 review, we have covered the hardware components, app, and the functional features which benefit your fitness target Vs. Progress monitoring and improvement.
Design of A370 is somewhat similar to its previous version A360. There are many improvements over A360. For example:
- You can wear it for swimming
- You can send and receive emails
- Accelerometer feature has improved in efficiency
- Color quality and depth have been made better
Furthermore, the display type has changed to TFT LCD – and the Polar A370 supports notifications from multiple apps. It’s much more comfortable and safer to wear Polar A370 during workouts since it has a better clasp and larger band. The first step to understand Polar A370 is through its functions which you’ll be using every day.
Polar A370 Review | What’s in it
Pedometer: Efficient Pedometer can count your steps accurately for any distance while walking. It measures the exact distance and time regardless of the terrain or landscape you walk on.
Sedentary Reminder: You can set the timing of the alarm which reminds you about Idling time. You can use this feature to overcome physical inertia and start moving. “It’s Time to Move” is the message you get o screen with vibration alert.
Sports Profile: There are seven sports profiles in your new Polar A370. You can also add new profiles according to your specific requirements.
Multiple Languages: Polar A370 supports 20 global languages. It also has automated regional settings for time and date. So, you can wear it and go to any country in the world without having to worry about time zone changes.
Device Compatibility: Polar A370 is compatible with Android, IOS, Windows on smartphone and PC, Mac, and other mobile devices.
Menu Settings: Menu settings are the simplest you can find on Polar A370. It has just four principal menu objects, namely: My day, Training, My Heart Rate, and Settings. Submenus open up once you click on each menu.
Wireless Update: Polar Flow App connectivity lets you update the Polar A370 through a wireless connection. It also has the ability to sync all of your activities, and the data gathered during your training period. The best thing about the app is its connectivity to the web service that is also managed by Polar Flow. You can also connect the data to your personal computer in the form of spreadsheets.
Web Analytics: Polar Flow supports web analysis and fitness guide. It can analyze your health data and provide you with detailed guidelines. Comparison between your target and present levels can tell you how to change your activity levels and intensity.
Functions include activity plan, activity charting, intensity tracking, results, comparative analysis, gap analysis, and advice on improving your fitness and health levels. You can follow the easy to use guidelines for specific activity tracking which needs improvement.
Polar A370 Price | Best Investment for Your Wellbeing
Polar A370 price is worth the investment you make on your fitness and health monitoring. It has many inbuilt features which can be sued to improve your fitness level by every minute.
24X7: Polar A370 can track your activities 24 hours a day and seven days a week without any break. You are free to set your own goals for a specific span of time. For example, you may choose one week. Polar Flow web service lets you input all details for every day.
Data Capture: System captures data for steps and calories. It can also record your body movement and tell you whether it conforms to fitness standards or not. If you make a mistake while walking or making body movements, it can track and tell you what corrections have to be made.
Apart from showing you the calories burnt in every activity, it can compare it with the target and do a gap analysis through Polar Flow web service. The system can also track and display basal metabolic rate, which is very critical for monitoring your basic health level.
Sleep Data: Polar A70 can measure the depth of your sleep and duration of every phase in the sleep cycle. It can detect your present sleep pattern and alert if there are any abnormal variations. The Polar Flow web service can compare data with the standard values for your age and Body Mass Index.
Sleep Disturbance: Polar A3760 can detect every disturbance in your sleep. It counts the number of breaks you had from your sleep. It also calculates how many minutes and seconds you were awake before going back to sleep.
It can give you accurate information about actual time you spent sleeping compared to total time spent on the bed. You can see data in percentage as well as in hours and minutes.
Heart Rate: Data from heart rate sensor is captured by Polar A370 when you pair them up using simple physical contact. The system has a settings menu which allows you to see continuous heart rate.
It can also measure the variations in heart rate during peak activities, sleeping, walking, or performing your everyday activities. It can connect the information to a heart rate diary. SO, you can know the history of your heart rate in the previous days and weeks accurately.
Sporting Activity Tracking
Tracking your sporting activity is one of the critical functions of Polar A370. As you read earlier, it lets you set your own targets which you wish to achieve within a specific span of time. It can track your performance during running, cycling, strength training, and also group training.
1. Auto Lap: Polar A370 can track the lap time automatically. You can use this feature to get information about lap distance, time, speed and acceleration. The system compares this data with your target. You can analyze the gap and take appropriate measures. Or you can also depend on Polar Flow web services to give the correct guidelines for making changes.
2. Heart Zone: Heart rate zone data in Polar A370 is split into multiple categories of activities. It can track from minimal of 50% (from 87 to 105) to maximum of 175 in zones. The readings cover speed, endurance, stamina, and normal modes. The remainder will tell you when you have gone too slow or too fast.
The first zone works when you are in brisk walking or light running mode. The second zone works when you start running faster. Zone 3 and 4 will be covered when you are sprinting hard. Zone 5 will be covered when you perform high-level activities like sports, strength training, etc.
3. Distance Tracking: Polar A370 can measure the distance covered over a specific time and calculate speed. It will also tell you about maximum and minimum speed, acceleration and deceleration, stopping, etc. You’ll be able to evaluate your performance level and compare it with your target.
4. Calories Tracking: Polar A370 can track the number of calories you burn while performing sports activities. The device connects to Polar Flow web application to analyze the data with your set target.
It gives you a list of activities like walking, stair climbing, cycling, aerobic exercises, strength training, etc. You can input your target in the first column. Then the system tracks the actual calories burnt. This data is used for comparison with target in real time.
5. Route Tracking: Polar A370 can track the specific routes you cover while running and cycling. You need to pair up your device with your smartphone. Fix the initial location using the Polar Flow app, and you can start your training.
The device can track the routes across every kind of terrain and landscape in every climatic condition. The data you get is highly accurate and useful for making improvements in your workout programs.
6. Swimming Session: Polar A370 supports activity tracking during swimming. It keeps track of your heart rate, heart zone, speed, timing, movement and body posture, etc. It helps you improve your performance by setting long and short-term goals.
Polar A370 Smartwatch | Web Service
Polar A370 web service is the critical element that drives its functionality. Initially, you can set it up using a wireless connection. Then you can get the latest updates from the OEM. It’s responsible for all the synchronization of hardware components with the app and the web services.
1. Connect to Friends: You can see a feature called Feed on the app interface with Polar A370. Click it, and you can connect with your friends in real time. You can get the latest training updates, activity listing, performance levels, and the other details from them.
It gives you an opportunity to improve your own performance levels. It will also allow you to share your activity and progress reports with your friends in real time. The other exciting feature of Polar A370 is its ability to map the routes taken by your friends while they are running.
2. Diary Feature: Polar A370 has an inbuilt diary which records all your everyday activities honestly and accurately. You can use it for making a weekly analysis of fitness improvement. Click “Diary” from the menu and read the categorized data. It shows you the activity time, date, location, calories, heart rate, heart zone, average speed, maximum speed, etc. You can also share this diary with your fitness trainer.
3. Reports Feature: The Polar A370 can generate regular reports for measuring your progress. An exciting feature of the device is its specific activity reporting. For example, you wish to track your progress in long distance running from day one.
The system will show you a list of sporting activities which it covers. Click on a specific activity. You can see a small wheel icon on the screen. Click it, and it will show you all the relevant data.
Polar A370 Rewards
Polar A370 give you stars based on your performance levels. If you get 3*s from the device, it means you are 100% in conformance to following your target. It gives you 2* when you follow your target 90% 0f the time. It gives you a single star when you follow your target 75% of the time.
You get no stars when your performance goes below 75% of your target. So you can say it’s an accurate guide to monitor and reward your progress.
Polar A370 Hardware
- Water Resistance: Polar A370 has WR30 grade water resistance. You can go to a depth of 50 meters and below wearing this device.
- Accurate Clock: Polar A370 has a smart clock that shows you accurate time and date. The settings allow you to change the time zone manually or set it into the automated
- Sensitive Sensor: The sensor mounted onto Polar A370 can detect all your physical activities accurately from start to finish. It works in all climatic conditions without any variations
Here’s a short video review of Polar A370: